Update: November 2017
The easiest way to add and edit tables within Avada, or any WordPress website, is with a plugin named TablePress. Install the TablePress plugin, then easily build tables via TablePress. Your tables can then be added to any page or post via the shortcode for each table.
If you still need to build tables the “old fashioned way”, read ahead.
The Avada theme for WordPress is the most popular theme on ThemeForest. It’s a powerful and easy to use theme. One of the features that’s included is Fusion Builder. This makes it incredibly easy to build pages. With a little practice, one can easily build and customize web pages without needing to know any HTML or CSS. However, in some cases, we need to add data to existing pages in a way that is not yet easily done with the built-in tools that Avada’s Fusion Builder offers. For instance, with Avada’s Fusion Builder, we can easily add a Table to any webpage. However, the table that is added only includes one row of data. In this tutorial, we’ll learn how to add more rows of data to the table.
Add a Table with Avada Fusion Builder
- First, go to the page that you want to edit (Pages > All Pages).
- Then, click on the + Element button where you want to add the new table.
- Select the Table button to add a new table.
- Select the table Type (i.e. Style) and the Number of Columns, then click Save.
Edit the Table
- Hover over the Table element.
- Select the Edit icon for the Table.
- Select the Text tab in the editor.
- TIP: Lets back up the existing code. Highlight all of the text in the text area, Copy it. Paste the code in a separate file, preferably Notepad (windows) or TextEdit (Mac).
- Highlight, and Copy a Table Row.
- Paste the new Table Row in the appropriate spot and change the information.
- Save the HTML, then Update the page and refresh the webpage to view your changes. Don’t forget to Update the page!
- Click on the Fusion Builder button to go back to the Fusion Builder editor.